Become a Member/Owner
Quarterly Payment Plan
$25 every 3 months for 21 months
Monthly Payment Plan
$8.75 per month for 20 months
Who owns the Co-op? Member-owners like you!
Become a member-owner of the Amherst Food Co-op today. With a $175 equity share — paid all at once or on a payment plan — you’re in!
OFFLINE OPTION: Prefer to pay by mail? Download the brochure at the bottom of this page, tear off the registration form, and mail a check in the full amount made out to “Amherst Food Co-op.”
Claim a ‘Sponsored Share’ today. Sponsors have provided $100 toward your $175 equity share. Your part, $75, can be paid all at once or on a payment plan.
One-Time Sponsored Payment
Pay $75 toward your sponsored membership today.
Quarterly Sponsored Payment
Pay $75 toward your sponsored membership in three quarterly payments of $25.
If anyone can shop at the Amherst Food Co-op, why become a member instead of a regular customer? Here are some benefits to consider.
- receive certain discounts and can participate in members-only truckload sales
- get annual dividends in profitable years based on a percentage of how much you spend at the Co-op
- run for a seat on the Board of Directors
- participate in all decision-making that goes up for a vote. It’s democratic membership: One person, one vote!
- receive a complimentary, made in America, Amherst Food Co-op canvas tote bag!
Member-owners can feel proud to know that they are supporting a business that…
- puts people before profit
- centers and prioritizes supporting and strengthening the whole community
- promotes and supports social, racial, economic justice
- pays fair wages and supports fair-trade
- operates with transparency; that cooperates, rather than competes with other co-ops
- engages in socially-responsible business practices
- supports small farmers and producers, which in turn decreases the harmful environmental impact that factory farming imposes on people and the planet